Friday, September 11, 2009

Learning Express Library

Course 1 : Writing Diagnostic: Sentence Strutures

1- Interest
The course was really interesting. I loved the texts that were given to answer the questions, because they were informative and interesting. The questions were well asked, but they repeated themselves with every text. I am sure that I will use this lesson in my compositions in the future, because this is one of the mistakes I make while writting.
2- Difficulty
The level of this lesson is a little difficult, because to answer some questions, you have to either know the answer or use your logic. In addition, some sentences were similar, so the choosing was more complicated.
3- What I learned
Not only did I learned how to properly use the pronouns in various sentences, and how to combine two sentences together to form only one, but I learned about subjects that were explained in the texts that I didn't know. Furthermore, I practiced how to use coodinating adverbs, how to write a sentence according to the article's tone, and how to precisely word a sentence.
4- My score
In this lesson, I scored an 80%, my main difficulty being: Use Correct, Varied, and Precise Sentence Structures.
5- Course rating
For this lesson, I give it a 9/10, because it helped me very much, but was a bit repetitive.


Course 2 : Grammar Skills 5: Basic Written Communication Skills

1- Interest
This course was more learning than practicing, and I like it. The information was well described and I understood well the lessons given.
2- Difficulty
It wasn't very difficult, but maybe a little hard with the sentences. As a task, I had to rewrite the sentences with the fewest words possible. Unfortunately, some words were complicated and mixed me up in the comprehension of the sentence. Otherwise, the course was easy.
3- What I learned
I learned many notions that showed me how to write less and not repeat myself. In addition, I learned about organization in ideas and presenting them, and also to use precise language.
4- My score
I wasn't marked in that course.
5- Course rating
I give this course a 9.5/10, because it is very useful, simple to comprehend and helped me in my writing. The only negative point is that there are some lessons that, in a way, repeat themselves although they have a different formulation.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent comments! Well done. There are just a few verb mistakes. Continue the good work. 18.5/20

    ReplyDelete